(En) Into the Heart of Romania: Immortal Moldavia
Day 1, Wednesday 9th April: Departure to ROMANIA
Proposed flight: Bruxelles – Bacau (Blue Air) departure at 6.00 pm, arrival at 9.40 pm
WELCOME TO ROMANIA! Transfer to hotel / guesthouse. Dinner and overnight in Bacau.
Day 2, Thursday 10th April: Trotus Valley ( 90 km)
After breakfast, at 8.30 am departure to Onesti.
- Visit of the sport club where Nadia Comaneci trained for Olympics, a buiding with an unique architecture in the world. The interior of this building is kept like in the early 70’s, including the layout of the equipment used by Nadia. We will assist at a training of the Romanian National Gymnastics Team.
- Visit at the salt mine Tg. Ocna ( 240 m under the sea leavel) where we will visit the treatment rooms and the underground Salt Church of St Barbara, the only church in Europe built of salt at such a deep level.
- We will continue our way on the picturesque Trotus Valley (theater for two World Wars). Dinner and overnight at Slanic Moldova guesthouse, Romanian traditional dinner.
Day 3, Friday, April 11th : OFF-ROAD
Breakfast at the guesthouse, than we travel off-road 7 km through the forest up to the top of the Berzunti Mountains, to Bulimandru Peak (978 m), the highest leaved peak in Bacau County – St. Elias Monastery!
- Lunch at the monestery, then one hour walk through the forest on an accesible path.
- Overnight in Iasi
Iasi, the former capital of Moldova for 300 years ( between 1564 – 1859) , the former capital of Romania (between 1916 – 1918), the cultural, economic and academic center of Moldova, the second biggest city in Romania today. Iasi is the city of the greatest ideas: First Great Union of the Romanian provencies, the first university in Romania, the first theatre play in Romanian language, the first literary museum, the first Museum of Natural History…
- A short city-tour in the city center: the Metropolitan Cathedral, with the relics of St. Paraskeva, the protector of Moldova, the “Three Hierarchs” Church formerly covered in gold, the Palace of Culture.
- Short visit to the Museum of the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University – Cucuteni Civilization Museum ( the famous Cucuteni ceramic, 7000 years old )
- Shopping at Palas Mall.
- Suceava, dinner and overnight at a guesthouse
The Feast of Palm Sunday, one of the most important Orthodox feasts, celebrating the entrance of Jesus Christ in Jerusalem, the only time Jesus accepted to be venerated as a King… In all churches in the country the willow branches are blessed with holy water and given to people.
- Suceava, a visit at the St John the New Church (16th century), part of UNESCO heritage since 1993 for its interior paintings. The headquarter of the Archdiocese of Suceava and Radauti.
- Fortress of Suceava (14th century)
- Optional: Ciprian Porumbescu Memorial House (1853 – 1883), one of the greatest Romanian composers. His most popular works: Ballad for violin and orchestra, Operetta Crai Nou, Romania’s former hymn melody ‘Three colors’ , patriotic song On our flag is written Union – used today for the anthem of Albania.
- Voronet Monastery (1488), the so called ” Easter Sistine Chapel ” founded by St. Stephan the Great, very famous for its exterior paintings in the “ Voronet blue “ color , created by an unic and secret recipe, very resistant in time. This blue shade is identical with the Bucovina sky at a certain time of the year, during the grapes harvest time. UNESCO Herritage. Presentation Guide: Mother Gabriela.
- Vatra Dornei: dinner and overnight in hotel.
We will continue the fascinating exploration of the ethnographic area of Bucovina and the exterior painted monasteries (part of the UNESCO Heritage).
- Moldavita Monastery (1532)
- The Museum of the Painted Eggs “Lucia Condrea” , Moldovita (artisan, a member of Romanian Artists Union). The Museum is unique in the world.
- Sucevita Monastery (1582)
- Marginea – the black ceramics of Marginea, Dacian heritage. Village museum, workshop and store.
- Dinner with campfire at Poiana guesthouse, overnight in Poiana Negri
- In the morning visit one of the traditional households of Bucovina at Dorna Candreni, admire the popular art and enjoy Moldavian hospitality
- We say goodbye to our hosts and we will go to Cheile Bicazului / Bicaz Canyon, an unic natural monument. Dinner and overnight at Cheile Bicazului.
- After breakfast we will visit the Bicaz canyon National Park…
- …and at 10 am, departure to Bacau ( 125 km ).
- Good bye ROMANIA! Check in at the airport at 1.30 pm, Blue Air Flight at 3,25 pm to Brussels. Arrival at 5.15 pm.
- 685 Euros / person
- 485 Euros for children of 6 – 11 years. Additional bed in parents’ room.
- Free acces for children up to 6 years, without additional bed.
Minimum group of 20 persons.
The price includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in 3* – 4* hotels and guesthouses, breakfast included
- 6 dinners, out of which 2 Romanian traditional ones with folk music
- Off-road transportation and lunch at the monastery
- Transport by coach
- Entre fees
- English speaking guide
- Local Taxes, VAT
Not included in the price:
- Flight fare
- Alcoholic beverages
- The additional meals
- Photo-video taxes
- Medical insurance
- Bank fees
- Other services not included in the price.
- Full board: 105 Euros/person
- Single supliment: 130 euro
Covasna, Str Gh Doja Nr 39, Romania
Tel. 004.0234.337.990 si 004.0723.645.180